Looking out for kidsFriday, July 25th, 2014, 4:20 pm
Having a vision assessment of your children’s eyes can help determine healthy vision development. Early detection of eye conditions ensures your child’s vision can successfully develop now and through their adult life. Jahnle Eye, a medical and surgical ophthalmology practice with offices at the Wellness Center in Havertown and at Riddle Hospital in Media, offers pediatric vision care for children (4 years old and older).
Even if a child has passed a vision screening at school, you should always follow up with a comprehensive eye exam.
An eye examination and vision assessment at Jahnle Eye includes:
- Testing for refractive errors (nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism)
- Testing for strabismus/ocular alignment
- Early detection of amblyopia (lazy eye) and early intervention with corrective lenses, contact lenses and/or patching
- Treatment for light sensitivities, allergies, causes of excessive blinking and dry eyes
- Recreational spectacles for children active in sports
- Daily disposable contact lenses to meet most refractive needs and specialty contact lenses (toric, keratoconus and rigid gas permeables)
- Detection of systemic disease and ocular conditions
Most children do not complain of visual difficulties and this may lead to problems with school performance. The American Academy of Pediatrics, in cooperation with the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus and the American Academy of Ophthalmology, has developed guidelines to be used by physicians and other professionals for the detection of eye abnormalities in children.
Our offices at the Wellness Center in Havertown and Riddle Hospital in Media have the latest in children’s eyewear, impact resistant lenses, and recreational spectacles.