Returning Safely After COVID-19Thursday, May 14th, 2020, 4:47 pm
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Due to COVID-19, we would like to inform you of some new policies that have been implemented at the office. These changes are in place to ensure the highest levels of safety for our patients and staff.
- All rooms will be thoroughly sanitized and cleaned before each patient is seated. All staff and patients will be wearing personal protective equipment. We ask that you wear a mask to your appointment.
- Prior to your scheduled appointment, you will receive a call to go over the new changes, verify insurance and will be asked a few screening questions.
- To adhere to social distancing, we ask that only scheduled patients enter the office. Guests, drivers and other family members may be asked to wait outside, the building lobby or in their car. Please arrive to your appointment close to the exact time of the appointment. Please do not arrive too late or too early.
- Upon arrival, you will have your temperature taken.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing. If you do sit in the waiting room, you will notice we have reconfigured the chairs to allow for proper social distancing. All magazine and reading material have been removed. If you do bring in any reading material, we ask that you take it with you when you leave.
- All surfaces that are touched or used during your appointment will be properly sterilized or disposed of (door handles, pens, chair arms, clip boards, etc).
- The Optical Shop will now be available by appointment only. Customers will be taught our "Safe Shopping Policy" to keep them as safe as possible. All eyeglasses that are tried on by a patient will be disinfected with UVC light before being returned to the boards.
We look forward to seeing you again. As always, we are devoted to helping each patient to stay on track with their health care. To accommodate this, we will be thoughtfully opening our schedule in the coming weeks. We will continue to provide telemedicine visits. If you are immuno-compromised, under quarantine, or feel uncomfortable being seen in the office, please call us and we can discuss telemedicine.